Friday, February 29, 2008

Getting felt up

Finally heard from the doc. I'm going to see her today & she's going to feel me up like my pt did. This is the most action I have had in a while. We're going to talk about whether I'll need a spec scan(I guess kind of like a bone scan but more accurate than an x-ray to catch smaller fractures). The pain is getting significantly less w/ each day. Still some stiffness when I get up to move after sitting for a while. Felt no pain when I did the ellip last night.

Based on what the doc says I will either have more x-training or possibly a short run(I've got 3 miles scheduled). I know that I don't want to push it but on the other hand I do want to push it if you get my drift.

M, it would blow if I end up having to buy another pair of shoes right now. That would make the 3rd pair in 3 months. I wonder if I could start a charity to raise money for new shoes? You all would contribute? Right? And I heard the same thing about stretching providing no benefits before you run. My pt showed me some dynamic stretching moves that's supposed to be better. He said that I could save static(like quad stretches) stretching for after the run.

Robin I would totally rock the Ab Lab test right now. Bring it!



4 comments:

m said...

3 shoes in 3 months. I get it now!

My friend who I trained with for the 1/2 marathon did that dynamic stretching. (her personal trainer got her hooked) I thought she looked like a dork and would walk away while she did it. Little did I know that she had it right all along.

Have a good weekend. Glad your getting "some" ha, ha.

Steve Stenzel said...

Dang, good luck with all of this!!

Unknown said...

Dynamic stretching sounds interesting!

Soapin' Cindy said...

Dynamic Stretching? There is so much to know about running/crosstraining. You are getting very knowledgeable about this stuff!