Thursday, February 21, 2008

Take my breath away

I know that's a title of an 80's song but somehow it's appropriate for what happened yesterday. Stepped out to do my 2miler. No stomach issues to speak of(trust me,I thought about running w/ some tp & I know that 2miles isn't that far but when you have one of those "moments" even 2 steps away from a bathroom is too far!).

Started running & literally for the 1st couple of minutes I couldn't breathe. It wasn't that windy about 9mph(I've run in windier conditions) but it was cooler than what weather.com was saying(they had temps in the low 50's). But it felt a lot colder(considering that when I ran on Monday morning it was in the low 60's-it was in the mid 40's yesterday). Gotta love VA weather! The wind started to die down about halfway thru my run but then it started sleeting. Don't ya just love the feeling of needles hitting your face as you run? I know that I do. Managed to finish the run w/ a time of 17:53/pace 8:47.

I've noticed that my times have been slower since I started changing the way how I run. But I rather do it right(hopefully becoming a more efficient runner plus avoid injury) & be slower than to be fast but wrong & end up at the doc again.

X-training today & here's to it being almost Friday. *Smooches*

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

OK, no sympathy from me on the weather! It's 0 here!

And WHERE EXACTLY is my burrito?! When you said "here's your burrito," I looked all around, but I couldn't find anything! Oh wait...here it is behind my bag....

Thanks.

; )

Gotta Run..... said...

What it up with all of this wind and rain? IT IS COLD!!!

Summer will be here soon :)