Friday, February 15, 2008

Run softly & carry a big.....


Ok so I couldn't think of a clever way to end that phrase. But the point is today during my tempo run I am to run less like horse & more like a gazelle. Should be interesting. I can imagine the look I am going to get from drivers & such as I am skipping the light fantastic down the road. My pt told a few days ago that it takes as much as 10 weeks for a runner to completely change the way they run. Of course I'm thinking that my 10k is in 7 weeks I don't have that long! But then I realize it's not like I'm going to stop running after the 10k & this will benefit me in the long term.

So w/ that said wish me luck as I channel my inner gazelle on today's run. Happy T.G.I.F. everybody!

*Update*

So did channeling my inner gazelle work? Well my calf muscles feel a little sore(probably placed a litte too much emphasis on running on my toes). It felt awkward at first & there were times that I let my heel hit the ground first. But I tried to keep steps as soft & light as I could. My finish time was 42:53 w/ a pace of 8:32. About 1:30 slower than my previous runs but my legs feel better & I just overall think I didn't waste as much energy. So the gazelle running is a keeper!

2 comments:

April said...

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Yay for Running like a Gazelle!!!