Thursday, February 7, 2008

1st PT appointment & no pedicure

I ended up spending most of my birthday yesterday after my appointment w/ my 1st cousin's 1 year old girl. She is so cute & sweet! So no birthday pedicure but that's ok(really didn't need to spend the $$ anyway).

Is it ok to say that I think my physical therapist is hot? Well even it's not,he sure is! Of course he's married(to another pt no less!). But his wife is really nice & runs marathons. So my pt gives me a bunch stretching exercises to do at home for my tendinitis(inside left ankle) & my sore Achilles tendons(on both ankles). Man I just need new ankles! Anyway he discovered that apparently I must have some stress to my Achilles tendon some time ago because a "bone callous" had grown over both of them. But w/ the exercises hopefully my ankles can be strengthened again. Also he wants to videotape(get your mind outta the gutter) me running to analyze my gait & make recommendations if necessary.

So all in all I feel good about my appointment & the course of treatment. But I have to admit w/ all the exercises he gave me it's almost like I'm doing another workout when I get done w/ my first one!

Speaking of workouts,I've got x-training today. I'm out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! :)

Glad you have some exercises to do to start getting those ankles better. I know what you mean about practically having two workouts with all the PT exercises. Been there! But, don't slack. Be consistent so you can get back to 100%!

Soapin' Cindy said...

Happy Birthday! Why are those PT's so darned hot? When I had my I-T bane, I had to go to PT. I was hoping for some kind of hunky 6-3 Swedish Sven type with really big muscles...and then he walked through the door! He was stunning. He hurt me, but it was sooo nice!