Monday, February 18, 2008

Warm 7miler

Don't ya love 3-day weekends? Well for those fortunate enough to have them. Did my 7 miles this morning w/ the R.B. in a balmy 64 degrees. Thank goodness for the wind because it would have felt a lot warmer. My friend couldn't find her Garmin so we did the mileage w/o knowing what our pace was during the run. Which is something that I am used to since I don't have one but it drove her crazy. We managed to finish the run w/ a time of 1:01:35/avg. pace of 8:47. We were definitely pleased w/ that! She also let me know that my footfalls sounded heavy in the beginning but gradually lightened up.

Speaking of footfalls,Red mentioned that it sounded like I was using the Pose method(landing mid-foot instead of the heel) when running. I believe that I have read about it somewhere(probably from her blog). I have to admit that I didn't think too much of it until my PT told me that I needed to change the way how I run to become more efficient & avoid future injury. So hopefully like Red says,that practice will make perfect!

I hope everyone has a good holiday(for those that are off) & a good work day(for those who had go in). *Hugs*

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

I SOOO wish that I had the day off today. Oh well.

A warm - fast - 7 miler. Great job with the pace.

Just think... we will be roasting in the heat of the summer before long. :)