Thursday, February 28, 2008

Remaining positive

Thanks for all the positive vibes & well wishes. I know a lot of you out there have been through what I'm going through now & it helps knowing I can vent & you know my pain.

In response to M's comment of possibly needing new running kicks to help the problem,I wish it were that easy. The shoes that I have now I just bought them around the 2nd week of Dec. last year. I have roughly 190 miles on them. So even though the pt said to me a few weeks ago when it was time to replace them that I would need something w/ more motion control,he didn't suggest that replace them now.

Speaking of, my pt hadn't heard from my doc yesterday. So still no word on that front. Did the ellip last night while trying not to feel down about it or jealous of the runners on the treadmills right in front of me. I felt less pain yesterday & I am able to walk around a bit better w/o limping. Which is a good thing.

Robin,I could sure use some mental diversion right now..;-) More x-training tonight. *Hugs*

4 comments:

m said...

I get that you don't want to replace them b/c you just bought them. I've been there. I had one pair of shoes that might of had 60 miles on them and they ended up being the gardening shoes. It killed me to buy another pair. The shin splints killed more though.

I just read in article in the NY Times (wed I think) that there is a study that stretching before exercise really does no good. Now they tell me.

Steve Stenzel said...

Good, stay positive!!

*Sending all my good vibes your way...*

Gotta Run..... said...

Be careful... I will have you doing this Lab Test for me :)

Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

I know it seems like life is in slow motion when you can't run. Ugh! You WILL get better! Keep up that positive thinking and get creative with what you can do.
Sending a prayer your way! :)