Monday, February 11, 2008

Ankle & retail therapy

Well as it turns out my ankle was fairly quiet on my 5 mile tempo run on Friday. But I was really careful how I placed my feet during the run. Did the whole run in 41:11/pace 8:21. Did my pt exercises,stretched,iced afterwards. Didn't really hear a peep out of it for the rest of the weekend.

I did talk to my PT's assistant & she advised that I may want to lay off running for few days while I am doing pt & my ankle is trying to heal. She did think that because I was doing exercises targeted to the injured area that could be the reason for the flare-up. But I don't want to lay off running & honestly when I ran Mon. night(6miles) & Wed. morning(2miles) & there was no pain the next day. When I did those pt exercises on Thurs(after my x-training),I felt the pain on Friday. I am inclined to think that may be the cause rather than the running. But I will talk w/ the PT as well when I see him this Wed.(he's going to videotape me running). If he flat-out says take a few days off from running & do some other cardio,then I will do it. If not, Ima keep on running!

In other news,did some light retail therapy this weekend & bought this book..

Given the fact that I just turned 35(last Wed.) & still single,I thought it was appropriate. Haven't read it yet but it looks like a fun book. I'll let you know. Had lunch w/ the R.B. on Sat. & she gave me a $25 Dick's Sporting Goods gift card. She said it was to go towards the Garmin fund. Ha Ha. I think she might be disappointed when I use it on running clothes instead.

Wanted to give a shout-out to Donald for stopping by my blog. He actually has a funny Garmin story that's hilarious. I've got a 6miler today followed w/ some core work. Happy Monday y'all!

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

Hearing the words "no running for a few days" is very hard to actually apply. i am impressed by your pace since you were also being very focused on your footing!!

hope after you talk further with your PT person that you will still have a green light and not a red one.

Gift cards are the best!!!