Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Less pain?

So yesterday's 4miler wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. My legs felt strong & my energy was good. Don't get me wrong there was some pain. But not bad enough to stop me from running. Of course once I did stop(w/ a time of 35:28/avg. pace 8:47) the pain did increase. And unfortunately by the time I woke up this morning,I was definitely hobbling. Usually my pain is worse after being still for long periods of time(sitting at work,sleeping,etc).

I suspect that my pt is going to tell me today to go back to the doc to see whether I have a fracture or something else. Which means another co-pay not to mention paying for any tests that may have to be done. I do have insurance but it's still a bite.

X-training today(thank goodness) followed by my pt appointment. *Hugs*

3 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Best of luck with the PT!

m said...

I'm the worst about making time to go to medical appointments. You are better than me. I just keep taking Naproxen and hope for the best.

Have you gotton new shoes yet?

Soapin' Cindy said...

Just take it easy! It's been nice that you can still run some. I don't know a beginning runner that hasn't tackled something...the trick is to just be persistent with this little bout of injuries. Sounds like you're being smart. All your cross-training will be paying off for you, I bet.