Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mother/daughter bonding

You read the title right. I spoke briefly over the Christmas holiday how my relationship w/ Mom has been strained over the years. But I have trying to be more open to spending time w/ her. I spent some time w/ her a few weeks ago on my birthday & she told me how she was looking for a new hairdresser. I recommended my hairdresser who I have been going to for 5 years now(yes once I find a good one,I stick w/ it).

Well she made an appointment for yesterday(same day as mine) & we spent time together at the hair salon. Her hair turned out really good & she'll be going back to my hairdresser. Afterwards we had an early lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. My mom got a Santa Fe Pizza while I got the Hawaiian. Both were good & we were certainly stuffed!

I'm having lunch w/ friend from church today & hopefully later I will get around to doing my taxes. I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. *Kisses*

1 comment:

Soapin' Cindy said...

Aww...that's neat...a good date with Mom! Sounds fun!

BTW...you've been very prolific lately...missed all this stuff! I've written a little bit about the "pose" method, which I think you are describing. I'm not sure what I do...but I think I'm more of a mid-foot striker. I hear it's very difficult to change ones natural stride, but can be done with practice!