Wednesday, February 13, 2008

X-training & Walmart

Did my x-training yesterday. Felt a whisper of shin splint in my right leg but it went away. I had already decided that if I felt a lot of pain,I was only going to 16 mins on the ellip & the rest of my cardio on the bike. But I was basically pain free throughout.

After they gym I stopped by Walmart last night to do some grocery shopping. The one in my area has decided to go "green" by selling canvas shopping bags. Theirs are black. I bought several a while back & they are definitely better than the plastic ones. Unfortunately it's hard to use them at the self-checkouts. The computer that runs the area is already preprogrammed w/ plastic bags so they know when you set something on the sensor & whether or not you've scanned it. Well when you try to put their canvas bags down,it thinks that you trying to checkout something that you have not scanned(like you're stealing) & the clerk has to bypass the option to make it continue. Yet one more thing to make shopping there even more of a chore!

I've got 2 miles tonight but it's going to be done on a treadmill videotaped by my pt. He's going to study my gait & offer some suggestions in regards to my injury. Never been analyzed while running so I feel a little self-conscious like I need to hold perfect posture the whole time. But I realize that I need to run like I normally do so he can help me. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

m said...

I'm all over the canvas bags. You can fit so much more in one bag.

My gait was studied at the UofD. Very interesting. I hit very hard with my left leg. I forget all the big words. I was offered round 2 of the study, but had to quit 1/2 marathon training. Big Nada on that.

Unknown said...

I think it would be weird to run while someone was watching, but after a few moments, I bet you'll be running your normal stride even if you are self conscious at first. Sounds like a great way to get some help!