Sunday, February 24, 2008

My 1st misquote...

Hey Robin I knew what you meant by summer being here soon enough. Not that you couldn't wait for it to get here. My bad..:-/

Speaking of the weather(again) it turned out to be just cloudy(but no rain) & cold for my Fri. 5mile tempo run. The sun actually tried to come out. Which would have warm things up pretty quickly considering I had on my cold weather gear & I would have been stripping faster than a teen on prom night! Anyway I finished w/ a time of 44:30 w/ a pace of 8:47.

Remember when I mentioned the shin splints in my right leg a few weeks back? Well unfortunately the pain still has not gone away. I tried icing & Advil & I thought some of my pt exercises would help but none of it is. I also said that I noticed my times have been getting slower but I thought it was due to me changing my stride. And while I know that may have something to do w/ it I know it may be largely due to some of the pain that I am feeling on my runs. It's not enough to stop me running completely but when I'm done my leg is feeling pretty bad.

I've got a pt appointment this week & I'm going to ask him about it. I'm hoping that I don't have to go back to the doc & worse stop running completely. But we'll see what happens. I swear if it's not one thing it's another w/ my body.

Sorry to end this post on a sour note but I'm worried & pissed that I might have caused some real damage that may keep me from completing my 1st 10k. I hope everyone has had a good weekend & I'm off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration. I've been there myself too many times. I wish you well! Take care!

Rae said...

Good luck at the pt appointment! My hubby had some issues a few years ago and they REALLY helped him with some good strengthening exercises. Have a great week!