Thursday, January 31, 2008

Windy run? not so much

It wasn't as windy as the weatherman predicted yesterday. Did my 3.1miler in 24:35 w/ a 7:54 pace. That's my fastest 3.1miler ever( in both training & road races) since I've been running. I'm thinking there may be something to actually not running on my x-training days.

Before my ankle started bothering me & I saw a doc about it,I was running for about 1.5miles on the tread(in addition to 2.4 miles on the ellip) on my x-training days. Didn't think too much about it,just wanted to get my cardio in & burn as many calories as I could. Well once the doc told me to give up the tread on those days at first I thought "I'm not gonna burn as many calories,I'll have to do all my cardio on 1 machine..wahaa.." Well my calorie burn did go down a little but I do feel better when I do run. Imagine that.

Followed up the run w/ my Wed. lower body weight training. X-training at the gym today. I'm out.

5 comments:

Rhea said...

It makes sense that since you're a tad more rested on your easy days, that you can go harder on your tempo or hard-running days. Hmm. Maybe you're right in that I should ease back into running. :-)

m said...

I'm jealous of that 5k time. But I am happy for you.

Gotta Run..... said...

Way to crank out your run on Wed. in those winds. You just will not let anything stop you!

And today.... you were one speedy girl. Always feels good to see progress like that.

BTW... love that you blanked on the blog title. FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

That's why they call it cross-training! ;) I guess it paid off. Nice job on that 3.1!!

Soapin' Cindy said...

You are getting freaky fast! What I'd give for a 5K time like that. I'd be happy as long as the clock said 24:something! One of these days...you're a natural born runner.