Monday, January 21, 2008

Freezin' 7miler & wedge saga continues

7 miles in 1:05:20. Roughly 9:20 pace in the well below(12 degrees but no wind) freezing temps...Yeah..Let's just say the 1st mile was very speedy(mainly to warm up). Ran w/ the R.B. so misery loves company & all that. Thanks to Steve for cold weather running tips(I didn't forget my lip balm)! Go check his blog. It's slap your momma hilarious as well as slightly graphic. So you have been warned.

I mentioned about the wedge saga continuing. Well I called pharmacy today & talked to the guy in charge of ordering things like that. He said that he knew what I was talking about but all the had was a piece that would cover the entire heel. The wedge that I need is shaped like an oval leaf & only goes on 1 side of the shoe. So I called the doc's office & they said the would have more in on Wed. So that means I'll be spending a lunch break going across town to get them. Oh joy...

I did manage to get the topical cream that my sports doc prescribed. So at least I'll have that to relieve the inflammation.

Well it's back to work tomorrow. I'm out.

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

I would still take these fraking cold temps over the heat of the summer. makes that hot bath that much better.

Steve's blog is the best. I have been reading it for a few weeks now. the frost bite on his winnie was the funniest!!!!