Tuesday, January 8, 2008

6miler in a circle?

Ok. So running w/ the R.B. yesterday. She had 9 miles to go & I only had 6. She mapped out a 9 mile course that would drop me off at my car at 6 leaving her to finish 3 by herself. Apparently either her Garmin was doing something weird or she didn't write down the complete route cause we were back at my car at mile 3! I think her Garmin was right because I looked at my heart rate monitor & we had only been running for about 27mins. So I think that she may have had a senior moment & didn't write down the entire route. Thus began us running around in circles to make up the additional 3(for my total 6). I was sooo ready for the run to be over w/. Finally finished up in about 54mins. I was never so happy to be back at my car as I was yesterday.

Anyway to answer Kim's comment about my buying fleece gloves over the weekend. I know the yesterday's(low 70's) & today's temps(same as yesterday) for that matter would not cause me to need those gloves but when temps are where they should be here in Va for this time of year(we're talking high 30's to low low 40's w/ wind chills make it feel about several degrees colder) then I will need them. My fingertips are kind of sensitive to the cold. But not as severe as Red. Trust me I felt weird about buying them given the fact it seems we are going thru a heat wave in Virginia but hopefully it will get cold again. If not I can use them for next winter.

Also to Robin's invite to do the Ultra in 6 weeks considering the fact that longest distance I have run ever is 7 miles,methinks I would keel over on the trail at mile 8 & she & rest of the group would be running over my carcass. No seriously,I know that w/ proper training I could physically do the distance I just have no desire to put in the that much time to train for it. Believe me running for about 1 hour is a lot different than running for several. But thanks for the invite & I would totally crew for you,Robin!


Got x-training today at the gym. Byeeeee!

3 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

Alright... I just might take you up on the crew offer for MMTR later this year!!

As for the cold hands.. I am right there with you. I have to wear two pair to keep my fingers warm if the tamps are below 35 degrees. They just hurt so bad if they get cold. Not worth it so I will do what I have to do to keep them warm. It does make it a bit harder to drink on the run though.

be careful... I just might hook you in a trail event with me before this years end. :)

m said...

I'm always buy those cheapy little tiny gloves that get big when you put them on. I'm always losing shit so they work for me. Or I steal my kids gloves. Last time I went out I was wearing spiderman gloves. I'm so down with the 6 year olds.

Soapin' Cindy said...

Isn't it nice to be wanted? :-)