Thursday, January 3, 2008

Running sick

Well I decided to listen to my head(even though it was congested & in excruciating pain) & run on the mill. 3miles in 25:45. Not bad. Due to the endorphin rush I felt a little better right after my run but by the end of the evening I was done. Good thing was I didn't need to drug up before hitting the sack. Exercise truly is the best medicine! Got x-training at the gym today. Can't wait to stand in line at all the machines due to all the New Year resolution folks. Not! Like everyone else I applaud those who want to change their lifestyle & get healthy. But the sad fact is about half if not more will not be there come February or March of this year. I know it's hard to start & even harder to stick to exercise routine but you know that some of those "newbies" just go just to say,"Hey I started going to the gym" but they won't stay w/ it for the long haul. Still I guess something is better than nothing. I'll get off my soapbox now. Later.

5 comments:

m said...

I haven't gone to the gym b/c of those NY reso people. I'll go back there in Feb when they all quit.

I think my back has been "out" because I haven't run in forever. It's in the 20's today sounds like good running weather to me.

Unknown said...

Sorry you're not feeling well - get well soon!

I was lucky, surprisingly, there weren't any new people at the fitness center at work today.

Kim said...

Yep all of us that belong to a gym will be experiencing this soon. Maybe there will be one person out of the masses that start that will stick it out-that will be cool. I tend to applaud those who have their ephiphany *whenever* and committ to the healthy life style. But maybe one of these folks will be the Jan 2 folks!

Gotta Run..... said...

I totally know what you mean about the New Years rush at the gym. My thought is WHY wait to start jan.1? If you really want change than stop what you are doing THAT DAY and get moving. Kindof makes me crazy!

You asked about my speed workout. It is rather simple. No way that I could or would want to run this on a track. The running circles would drive me nuts. Anyway, I run either road or treadmill and do a 2 minute on 2 minute off right now. Week after next I may do 3 minute on and 1 minute off and push the pace a bit more. Need to be careful not to injury myself. On the opposite weeks I will focus on hill work. That is pretty simple as well. look for the route with the most hills and run.

Hope you are feeling even better today.

Sure hope this change up makes a difference.

Soapin' Cindy said...

I think starting an exercise program is kind of like when smokers quit smoking. It usually takes a smoker at least seven attempts before they succeed. Many of those New Year's resolution gym goers are on their first or second try--they'll get it eventually...or not. Up to them.