Friday, January 25, 2008

T.G.I.F.

TGIF!..Always nice to have a short week. Did x-training at the gym last night. I decided not switch ellips like Annette suggested. I figured that w/ me switching up the resistance every few mins or so along w/ my tunes is enough to keep busy for a while. But I will definitely keep that in the back of my head whenever I do get bored w/ it altogether.

I've got my 5mile tempo run today followed by lower body weight training. Hopefully I can stay on the ball this time. But we'll see.

Injury update: The topical cream(it's an anti-inflammatory drug) that was prescribed to me did not help the pain. In fact I think that it caused me more stiffness! Even though both the doc & the pharmacist said that's not possible,my doc wants me to stop using it. She did have me increase the stretching exercises she has me doing(I was doing them 1x/day..now I am up to 3x/day) as well as icing more often throughout the day. I am not feeling the stiff pain in my left ankle that I was a few days ago when I was using the cream. Also no pain in my Achilles tendon when I walk down a flight of stairs. I think the increase stretching is helping w/ that.

The wedges still have not come in even though the doc ordered them last Fri. Because the doc said that the wedge doesn't work for everybody & I may still need physical therapy,I've decided not to get the wedges when they come in & just do the physical therapy. I pray that this will help my injury.

Everyone have a good Fri. & catch ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your decision to go to PT and skip the wedges is a good one. Things like wedges often just help the symptoms, but don't fix the problem.

Glad you made it through your elliptical only workout. It's hard when it's not what you enjoy.

Take care!