Friday, January 11, 2008

Humbled

I have to say that I feel truly humbled by my 2miler on Wed. Not that I thought that I was invincible or I could never had a bad run but I have to say that after almost a year of running that was the first time that I had one. Where I thought that it would be great,where I thought that I wasn't struggling & apparently according to my time,I was. It definitely made me appreciate today's 5 mile tempo run. I listened to my body & paid attention to my form & ran light & relaxed. Yes there were times towards the end of my fast pace where I actually felt nauseous but I kept myself calm,slowed my pace a little & got thru it. I kept my attitude positive. I kept same mantra running in my head over my music,"Run light,run light". For my effort,I finished in 41:17. You would think that I would have jumped up & down for joy but I took it in stride. I didn't necessarily feel it was a victory but a good run that made me appreciate what I learned from the bad one. That every run good or bad in the end is all good because all of us runners are blessed that we can get out there & run.

Thanks Annette for stopping by my blog & the kind words. It's that kind of attitude(versus what you received) that will make you a GREAT personal trainer.

I'm doing Pilates in the a.m. before my usual Sat. errand running. I hope everyone has a good weekend & good runs.

3 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

Always smart to listen to your body. It says so much that we often tune out.

Enjoy Pilates!!!

m said...

Ditto with "gotta run"

I'm not good with tempo runs. I haven't got the hang of them.

I'm doing pilates for the first time on Monday. I'm looking forward to it.

jeanne said...

wow you're fast!

a good friend told me that if it wasn't for the bad runs, we wouldn't appreciate the good ones. too true.

you're doing fantastic, focus on that!
:)