Monday, January 7, 2008

Recap

Another weekend come & gone. Did a short 'n' sweet 3 miles w/ the R.B.(running bud-tired of typing out the whole thing). 25:30 time. Got my hair done Saturday morning. Picked up some fleece running gloves at my local running store. My spandex lighter weight ones just aren't cutting it in the barely above freezing temps. Ran some errands & just hung around for the rest of the weekend. Exciting stuff folks.

Thanks to Robin for the advise about not having to do speedwork on a track. I do have some speedwork on my training sched but I have been avoiding it like the plague & just doing all tempo work instead cause the the though of running around countless times on track makes me want to tear my hair out.

I've got 6 miles today & it's supposed to be in the 70's(of course this is after I buy some warmer gloves)! We were just in the mid 40 temps late last week. Craziness! But that's Va for ya. I'm out.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Fleece gloves? But you live in Virginia...

Gotta Run..... said...

Since it has been a year since my last speed works I would suggest not to do everything I suggest... LOL!!

Always glad to pass along any weird tips that I can. That is what this blog world is all about, right??

Just realized that my first Ultra is right in your back yard. Interested in running a 50k trail in six weeks?? Not to worry if you are not. Will be back in your back yard at the end of April. Are you up for that one. COme on!!!

Unknown said...

what is it with everyone BUT ME having awesome running weather? Not only is it cold, there was slush falling from the sky today. Just plain icky!!