Thursday, January 17, 2008

Surprise

Ok. So I am out running my 2 miles(so I thought) yesterday. Feeling chilly at the start but good overall. Finished in 21:03. Started to think back on the route that I took. Getting a weird sensation that I made a boo-boo. So I pull up Map My Run & chart the exact route that I took. Realized that because I took the long way around on the half mile to my home that I roughly added an extra half mile to my total mileage! Apparently I did that last week too when I felt worried that I was slowing down on my runs. Because I keep so many different routes in my head I was adding distance when I didn't need to. So that finish time that mentioned for yesterday puts at approx. an 8:20 pace. Which is what I had been doing on my longer runs.

Talk about feeling a sense of relief! But I am glad that I had what I thought was a bad run last week. Because I got the same finish time this week,it wouldn't have occurred to me to look at the route that I was taking & realized that I was going further than I needed to. Not that there is anything wrong w/ that. But right now I need to stick to my running plan & w/ my injured ankles I don't need to be adding more distance when my plan doesn't call for it.

I've got x-training tonight. No danger of going further than I need to on the elliptical & mill cause those are on timers! Please tell me it's Friday already....

5 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

It's ALMOST Friday. Good luck cross-training...

m said...

An 8:20 pace on runs should get you under 25 min on your next 5K races. The only times I ran an 8:20 pace on training runs was when I was mad as hell.

I guess I need to get seriously pissed of at someone or something. Shouldn't be to hard. Ha.

Gotta Run..... said...

So you think you have me beat on the hot flashes.. I have been having them for a few years now. We must be two old ladies...lol!!

Hate the timers on the treadmills. When 60 minutes roll around and you have to restart a new program it just does something mental. Great pace on your run. Glad it was better than you first thought.

BTW... what is going on with your ankles? How old are your shoes? Do you go to a running store that specializes in fitting you?

Kim said...

Cool. Bad run turned into good run. That rocks!

Unknown said...

*NOW* I can tell you that it's Friday. ;0