Monday, March 3, 2008

W/ the speed of a turtle but the step of a gazelle

Well it looks like that I'll be doing my Mon. run by myself today. My R.B.'s shins have been feeling a bit wonky(we think sympathy pain from my stress fracture) & she has a half-mary next Sat. So she taking today off. Me,on the other hand will be doing a turtle but gazelle like run today. Woke up w/ some stiffness in the right leg but hasn't progressed to full-on limp inducing pain so far. Originally I had a 6 miler scheduled for today but the doc wants me to cut that in half. So I'm going for 3(was going to do 4 w/ the R.B. but it's probably a good thing that she bowed out & I don't do more than what I am supposed to).

I'm starting to feel like animal kingdom here(w/ the turtle & gazelle references) but apparently running like "me" isn't getting the job done. Good luck to everyone on the road,tread,ellip,..etc..*buh-bye*

2 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

If my run does not go well on Thurday I will be crying my eyes out.

Hang in there chic. This has to get better soon.

m said...

It will get better. I've been in your place.

Any chance you can trail run? It's much better on the joints. Though you have to be aware of everything so you don't break a leg, arm, head....maybe not.