Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I got your Victoria's Secret

A funny(yet not) thing happened to me at the gym last night. I was in the locker room,opening my gym bag so I could change into my workout clothes. Guess what? They weren't there. Forgot to pack them. I did however have my track pants & cotton shirt that I put on after my workout. But no sports bra or shorts. So I had a few choices:

  1. Go home & get the workout gear-It would take 20mins round trip,my workouts take an hour & half & I had a pt appointment right after which I would have been late for.
  2. Workout in track pants,cotton t & my regular bra-I won't even talk about working out in a cotton shirt. But my regular bra? It's a Victoria's Secret(although not so secret if I end up using it). Not a lacy number,fairly substantial but not a sports bra.
  3. Workout w/o the bra-Uhhh..SO not an option. Way to endowed. I'll be poking my as well every one's eye out!
So what to do? I made the executive decision to wear the cotton t,track pants & regular bra. And ya know what? It wasn't too bad(I was on the ellip for 31 mins). I mean there was some bouncing but not as much as I thought there would be. Now had I been running that would have been a different story. But definitely gave Vickie a workout.

Let this be a lesson. Never try to multi-task while packing your gym bag. I bet the Victoria's Secret product testers never thought to put one of their bras thru an hour at the gym!

Gina thanks for reminding me that the slow times I am putting in now are not indicative of my true potential. And I guess that what makes it hard to take. I know what my body is capable of & I've had reality give me a b!tch slap thru this injury.

Robin I know that you are going thru your own pain & I wish I could take away some of your knee trouble(might take my mind off my fracture!..;-))

Supposed to have 3 miler today but they are calling for gale force winds(up to 40mph) along w/ rain. The rain I can handle but not sure about the high winds. So we'll see. Happy hump day!

3 comments:

GP said...

Ugh. I hate the regular-bra workout. I almost feel tempted during high season to just always wear a sports bra to always be prepared. I never do, but when I forget I wish I had. Darn it.

I always forget big things -- running shoes when I want to run, bathing suit when I want to swim, towel when I want to shower -- when I'm multi-tasking. But I started keeping a spare of each in my office to be prepared!

m said...

I have one bra that could do both. Work as a work-out bra and make my boobs look wonderful. Most bra's (lately) have the little muffin's coming out. That is such a classy look!

Kim said...

Been there, done that. I can do the ellpitical in a normal bra, no way on the running.

I've been planning a podcast on running bras, and could I have permission to read part of your post on the podcast? Other women will completely understand the forgetting the sports bra!