Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Running company

Even though I couldn't run w/ the R.B. yesterday(due to her having to help out another friend of hers),I actually had quite a bit of company when I ran yesterday. I saw a total of 4 runners! Now to some of you that may not be that big of a deal. But since I've been running for a year I've only seen 2 runners. Now I don't run on trails(yet),I run thru subdivisions. I was wondering if any of those people got outside to exercise(doesn't have to be running) or do they go to gyms or have home gyms or what. But anyway it definitely gave me the warm fuzzies to give the runner's nod to those I came across.

So I mentioned yesterday that I had 6 miles to do & I would stop if the pain got too bad. Well I am happy to say that for the first couple of mins I felt no pain at all. Usually as soon as I step one foot out the door my right calf gets a small knot that accompanies me for my entire run. Doesn't get any worse,just let's me know it's there. It felt so weird to have no pain,I almost did stop! Unfortunately it didn't last long as my injured leg remembered it's place & cheerfully reminded me of it. But I did complete the run for a total time of 1:02/avg. pace 10:25. I'm in the double digits now!

I've got x-training & a pt appointment today & I hoping to focus on the right leg since my left leg's tendinitis has been getting better & my right leg(stress fracture) is causing me the most trouble. *Byeeee*

No comments: