Sunday, March 9, 2008

Recap

I hope everyone's weekend is going good. Other than being extremely windy yesterday(we had 20-30mph winds here in Va) it was a good day. Did some grocery shopping & bought a couple of books from Borders. Spent some time in Radio Shack & upgraded my phone. I used to have this model(mine was an espresso color-no offense but I don't do pink)..


(pic courtesy of Sprint.com)


I came away w/ this model..


(pic courtesy of Sprint.com)

I was debating between the one you see above(Motorola Razr V3m) & this year's model(which is a Motorola Razr V9) but it's also twice the price of the one I got. After my rebate($150-for being a too lazy to switch carriers..cough..loyal customer) the V9 would have cost me $229,the V3m cost me $69. No brainer there. Spent the evening switching over my address book from the old phone to the new one. Anyone find that when doing that you discover numbers you didn't know you had? There must have been at 5 people that I hadn't talked to in years that didn't make it to my new phone. Why was I still holding on to their number? Oh well..


So I mentioned in Friday's post about how I wasn't going to do anymore tempo runs. Well ever since my injury of course my times have been getting slower. Well after the pt told me to change my stride & my doc told me to slow down while I am trying to heal,I realize that there isn't any way for me to continue to work on my tempo pace. I know that I won't get any faster due to my injury & stride change in time for it to make a difference at the 10k(it's in a little less than a month).

My Fri. run ended up being 5 miles. In the rain...In the wind...Uphill...W/ a fracture... Just kiddin' about the uphill part unfortunately. I had basically a knot in right calf(where the fracture is) the whole way but felt ok. Finish time was 49:25/avg. pace 9:50.

My fastest 5mile tempo run was 41:30. So at least several mins slower. But you know what? It doesn't matter to me anymore. Right now is about me learning a whole new way of running so the can I hopefully prevent future injuries. It's about taking each run one at a time until & I get to the race. Because I had been in training for the past 2 months I have done the 10k distance & then some a few times now. So I know that I have a good base to finish. Now I realize that the injury throws a wrench into it but just as long as I keep my pace slow,build up distance again(slowly),do my pt,x-train & rest when I'm supposed to,hopefully I will be ok for the race. Because I'm not looking for any fast times(never was to be honest),just looking to have fun & finish it should be all good. *Kisses*

1 comment:

Soapin' Cindy said...

Sounds like a very nice weekend! What fun upgrading phones! We had snow up to our eyeballs here.