Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Slow run

I didn't think it was possible to go slower than last Friday's run. But apparently it is. Yesterday's run was 3 miles in 29:39/avg. pace 9:37. I always thought that it would feel like I was just barely moving at that pace but I was wrong. Even though it was about 1 min slower than what I normally go,it definitely felt I was moving fairly fast. I wasn't as winded as normally am afterwards. There was some pain during the run & some afterwards but not as intense as it has been in the past few weeks.

So I talked w/ my pt yesterday about setting up my next appointment as well as possibly changing out my shoes now(rather than after my race in a month). He said that between the pt,modifying my stride that's enough changes for right now & if there is any new pain(let's hope not!) or the existing pain doesn't get any better we won't be able to tell if it's from stride changes,shoe changes,pt or what. So I'll be running in my Nikes at the race & then we'll see after that.

M,I have thought about trail running but because I am trying to change the way how I run,it's probably not a good idea to totally change the terrain as well. But I would be up for looking at some local trails to run once I'm healed & I'm done w/ my race.

Robin,I wish you the best of luck w/ your Thurs. run. I'll have a box of Kleenex ready but I don't think you'll need it. Because as you know,even a bad run is still a good run because you were physically able to do it.

X-training today. *Byeeee*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep taking it slow. Get those legs back to normal before you get all speedy again. :) At least you can keep running - that's great!

m said...

Yeah, you can't work on stride on a trail. Stick with your plan. Trail runs in the summer rock b/c it's so damn hot out. I just know I am never sore after a trail run. Which is nice.