Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fun

Feeling a little pain last night & this morning after my 2miler. Mainly just stiffness in the ankle area. Started out a little faster than I had wanted to but I had some work issues on my mind that was/is causing me some stress. But I quickly realized what I was doing & slowed my pace & breathing down. Finished in 19:48/avg. pace 9:51. I think my feet may be getting the hang of landing more on the mid-foot to toe & less heel striking. Plus apparently my bod likes the slower paces running. Go figure.

Lisa reminded me yesterday another just as important if not more important aspect of my doing the 10k. That "F" is for fun. Thanks for reminding me that overall I need to enjoy the race. Because I am never gonna have a 1st 10k.

Got the usual Thurs. x-training. *I'm outee*

1 comment:

Gotta Run..... said...

Lisa is right. Not sure why we all can not remember this very important point more often.

I am running a "fun run" 12k trail race with my hubby this weekend. I could careless what time we finish in as long as we finish together.

not every race need to be a RACE....