Friday, March 21, 2008

Player(a) condom?

X-training at the gym workout went as planned last night. I've got 3miles for today hopefully w/ the R.B. I'll update the stats later.

I mentioned in my previous post about needing something to protect my mp3 from the rain. Annette said she clips hers to her shorts. I normally wear mine w/ an armband. I've tried doing the shorts thing but it's a little too heavy. This is what mine looks like..
It's a Creative Zen vision 60gb. It also has a built-in FM tuner(which explains the slight bulk)

Red mentioned one of her running partners going the condom route. Interesting concept,I wonder if I should get some glow-in-the dark ones for those dark runs?..;-) But you know that's too depressing that the only reason nowadays I would buy condoms is for my player. Ok,I need to get "some"(read: sex)...Soon..

And on that note I wish you a happy T.G.I.F. ((Hugs))

6 comments:

GP said...

Well, I guess my solution won't help: I just don't run in the rain; I respect those who do.

It's funny... I'll run in frigid, blustery wet snow, but I won't set a foot outside in the rain. Even in summer. And if I get rained on during a run, I crab about it for weeks.

I also had to give up my iPod while running -- I kind of got a little addicted... attached to it and couldn't/wouldn't run without it. Particularly without my Nike+ chip.

So, between running in the rain and with an MP3 player, you're head and shoulders above me. I don't need an iPod cover; I need will power.

Soapin' Cindy said...

I guess that thing is too big for a condom...

Anonymous said...

I guess my MP3 is smaller than yours. As for the condom idea. . . hmmmmm. . . maybe a ziploc bag would be a little less conspicuous. :)

Unknown said...

my solution is simply to not go out with it in the rain. LOL. But that's not too hard where I live...

The 311 Boys Mom said...

thanks for the advise!!! I get my officail Diagnosis tomorrow---but I've got thr CD of the MRI & its obvious there are 2 cracks in my femur--looks like on also in my hip.

Anyway, the pain is almost gone & I jsut want to make sure I can run again befeor May 31---my "Start training day for my Marathon"-in Chicago-

that's about 8 weeks away, although I'd like to be running again--slow & small miles within 4 weeks--I plan on XT in the mean time.

Gotta Run..... said...

Why is it so funny to say the word condom? How old am I to be laughing this much :)

I will admit that it is a great name for the purpose it serves.