Friday, March 7, 2008

Usual x-training & restaurant review

Same x-training,different day. No surprises. Very little pain. I know you guys really needed to know that..;-)

Went out w/ a co-worker/friend last night. Tried out Qdoba Mexican Grill. I got this(w/o the shell,grilled chix,lite sour cream,tomato & corn salsa)....



My friend got this..But he didn't eat the tortilla.



They weren't bad but I have had better Mexican(Nacho Mama's-local place/killer-read: they actually get the tequila near the drink-margarita).


(See doesn't this look like a fun place?)

Anyway we also tried some of their queso dip & it was thinner then we would have thought & preferred. Qdoba doesn't serve alcohol although may be they should because it might have made the food taste better or we would have been too drunk to care. Their prices range from $5-$7 so relatively cheap but flavor nor the quality was there. Actually when my friend was ordering his burrito & he had to convince the server that the amount of beef that was on the "assembly line" wasn't enough to fill his order(it was literally a couple of tablespoons left). Sad.

I've got 5 miles on tap for today but this is my longest run this week(3 instead of my scheduled 6 on Mon. & my usual 2 on Tues.) since the doc diagnosed me last week w/ a light stress fracture. So I'm going to take it easy on speed(no more tempo runs but more on that later) & I'll shoot for about 4 & take it from there.

Go wish Robin lots of fun w/ her hubby at their 12k fun run trail race this weekend. Happy T.G.I.F. ya'll!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried the new Qdoba we have over here and I have to agree. I've had better. I haven't had the urge to return. Although yours looks much cuter than ours!

Take care of that stress fracture and don't go nuts on distance or speed. Let it heal!

Rae said...

I'm not a big Qdoba fan either, there's a lot better local burrito places here, too. It's funny how other people all have the same opinion about them yet their lines are insane!!!

TGIF!And take care!!!!

Unknown said...

Make sure you let that stress fracture heal up.

Happy Friday!!