Thursday, December 13, 2007

2miler

So 2 miles yesterday in..get this..16:59. We're talking 7:57 pace. Are you kidding me?!?! You would have thought somebody was chasing me w/ a weapon. And it wasn't even cold(we're talking low 70's). I have noticed that I tend to run better(read-faster) in the cold as I assume a lot of runners do but good grief..7:57 pace? Now granted that's w/ 2 miles I suspect-in fact I know I more than likely could not keep that pace over more than 2 miles. But whoa..

I wanted to say thanks to all the congrats over my 1st 5k where I ran the whole way. Your comments mean a lot to me given how speedy you all are & once again confirms what great,supportive running community we have. Also to Sensationally Red my arm is feeling a LOT better since my mishap at the gym last week. I have updated my blog w/ races that I have run & those I have planned for next year on the right. I'd like to get some pics on here but I don't have a camera(although I may ask Santa for one under the tree). And all of my races except for the one I ran this past Sunday I go to alone.

I've got x-training today at the gym. And of course it's cold(well colder then it has been in the past few days-we're talking high of about 50 which is what it should be) today. But hopefully it will be cold tomorrow for my 5miler.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome job on the fast running! That's great!!

Kim said...

Smokin' fast time on that run today--good job!!!

Soapin' Cindy said...

My...you are getting speedy! If you really want to test running in colder temperatures, you should take a trip to our part of the country! I love running in temps in the 50's or 60's, but mid 20's is just ridiculous...
Virginia sounds like running Nirvana.