Sunday, December 16, 2007

So..what about that tempo run?

1st tempo run. 5 miles. 3 miles at 8:49 pace. How about I ran it at a..wait for it..don't move..8:17 pace. 8:17?!?! Tempo out the window(hey that rhymes!). My total time was 41:20. Yeah... So anyway I was fast. Faster than what my running sched says I should be. Is this normal or right? And just to let you know that they were some hills involved so I don't get it. I do have to admit that after that run,my thighs were shredded. I never knew what that really felt like but I have read other runners talk about it & after my run I had my first experience w/ it. I'm tellin' ya I had to work out the logistics for going to the bathroom! Heaven helped me if I really had to go. So next morning I did some Pilate's for the lower body & felt a little better but then the inside of left ankle started acting up during the course of the day. It was kind of like a burning sensation. I might have slightly over-worked the ligaments in that spot or maybe my ankle was just pissed at me for making it run at a 8:17 pace for 5 miles. So of course I had to baby it for the rest of the weekend. Feels fine today which is good cause I have an easy 6miler on Monday. Hopefully I'll be running w/ my running partner(who just to let you know is naturally faster than me but she's been going slower since her bout w/ mono a few months back). She will keep me slower since where we run I am not familiar w/ the area & she has the map & I really can't leave her behind.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Byeeeee!!!

2 comments:

m said...

Thanks for visiting. I hate tempo runs. Hate them with a passion. I haven't done a tempo run in 2year. Matter of fact I haven't run in 2 weeks and it shows in my mood.

That's a fast pace! I run that pace when I'm pissed off. Should of ran on sunday!

Gotta Run..... said...

Weird...I posted a comment but I do not see it now.

Must start over... lets see... great tempo numbers!!! Maybe you will inspire me to start these types of runs again. Seems I am slowing down. Yikes!!