Thursday, December 27, 2007

Treading it

I know that you are in suspense wondering if I decided to brave the howling winds & cold rain for my 2miler or did I head indoors?..Well maybe I'm the only in suspense. I decided to hit the tread mill yesterday(ducking the cold stares of disapproval from the hard-core runners out there) I got out of work yesterday & on the way home I just couldn't get up the motivation to run in the cold rain. You guys all know that I heart running in the cold but adding rain on top of that? I kept thinking to myself.."Don't wanna,ain't gonna". But the prospect of spending almost 30 mins on the tread to get the same distance in wasn't sitting too well w/ me either. So I decided to really hammer it on the mill so that I could do 2miles in the same amount of time it would have taken me out on the road. I was going 7.2mph for about 12mins & then topped out at 7.8mph for the last few mins.

It felt really good. I was surprised because usually I go varying speeds from 5.8mph to max of 7.2mph(no wonder it was taking me twice as long). I didn't think that I could keep that high speed on the mill. But once I found my rhythm & slowed my breathing it was all good. Also I didn't feel any flareups from my ankle which also a blessing. I did take some Alleve earlier that day as well as iced it afterwards.

I've got x-training today followed by upper body strength training. I'm out.

1 comment:

Kim said...

It's always good to have the back up plan for the nasty weather days!