Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve A.M. 7miler

There's nothing like waking just after sunrise to go tackle 7 miles in 35 degree temps. Not to mention looking at all the Christmas lights. I was actually surprised at the number of people I saw out running this morning. I figured that everyone w/ the exception of my running bud would be trying to get to the store to finish shopping. But I guess the ones that I saw wanted to get one last run in before Christmas Day. We did a little over 7 miles in 1:09 w/ a 9:15pace. Not too shabby! And just to let you know that the new shoes worked great however my ankle was not pleased. Let's just say that right now I've got it iced & elevated & have hit the Alleve bottle. My friend recommended possibly talking to a sports doc to get x-rays & some exercises geared towards strengthening the ankle. But I think I may do some research online(Hello, WebMD) first. I'm not too keen on going to the doc to have them tell me to do exactly what I'm doing already & "that'll be $35 for the copay please". But it may be beneficial to get some of the exercises,so we'll see.

Anyway I wish everyone a Merry Christmas & don't forget the batteries!

No comments: