Friday, December 14, 2007

1st tempo run

So I've got a 5 mile tempo run(3miles @ 8:49pace,plus 1mil warmup & cooldwn) scheduled for today w/ high 50s for temps(yeah!). I was supposed to meet up w/ my running bud at mile 3 but she had to bow out due to family obligations. Since I don't have a Garmin,I mapped my route on Google & notated the mile markers so that I know how far I have to go in my prescribed pace. I know that my running bud as well those who have left comments here say that I am speedy but somehow it doesn't feel like it when I am out on the road,ya know? Also knowing that this is my 1st tempo run where I am supposed to go at a certain pace is making me a little nervous. But if I don't hit it,I know that this will give me a goal to work towards(or at least die trying). I'm out.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck... let us know how it goes.

By the way... does swimming get easier?

Dana said...

Jess

Thanks. I will definitely let you know. The swimming did get easier especially when I learned proper form. The running helped w/ the endurance aspect of it. It was just getting down the breathing/stroke technique & NOT drowning.