Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Windy run

So I managed to do a 4+miler w/ my running partner in my first VERY windy run. Winds were gusting at about 20mph but some of was at our backs which made the run somewhat easier. We did the distance in about 34mins. Coolness!

I have a 5k toy run on this Sunday. This will be my first race where I am running the whole distance instead of the Galloway run/walk method. I used to do a 5mins run followed by a 1 min walk but a couple of months ago I was running w/ my friend & we were talking about her buying a house in my hood & before I knew it I hadn't looked down at my watch to take a walk break & had been running the ENTIRE time! My friend didn't let me know it til the end(such a good run buddy she is). She said "Dana you are a RUNNER,there isn't really any need for you to walk anymore unless you absolutely have to." She asked me how I felt during the run & I told her that I felt great & didn't feel tired at all. She also let me know that we kept a pace of around 8:45 to 9:00 the whole distance. I thought I was moving so slow! Since then I have not looked back. The running club that I belong to organized this run to raise donations for needy kids who would otherwise not get any toys at Christmas. You can either pay the $10 registration fee or donate a toy worth $5-$10. Very worthy cause. There is guaranteed to be at least one person dressed as Santa running it. I can't wait! So I am thinking of a pace of 8:30-8:45. Nice & conservative because I know I am going to try to run faster due to all the excitement from the race.

So I have cross-training today at the gym(some tread & elliptical followed by upper body strength training). One of these days I need to put my workout schedule,the races that I have done as well as the blogs that I follow on this site(because I know you all are SOOO interested in that!). Later!

No comments: