Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gym mishap

Guess what?..... It's SNOWING here! I just heart the snow. We don't get much of it here in central VA. More ice & slush than snow. Of course when we do manage to get some of the white stuff people don't know how to drive in it. And then there's the rush to the grocery stores to try to buy up the world's supply of bread,eggs, & milk. I always laugh at those people! My grandmother used to tell me that if you don't have enough food to last you at least a week on a regular basis then you don't know how to grocery shop! No truer words have been spoken. Beside the fact these are the same people when the governor tells ya to stay off the roads so the state's snow crew can work their magic,are out there driving(due to severe cabin fever..but w/ technology to some extent keeping from having face-to-face contact..why would they have cabin fever!?) Anyway some of these people have the monster suv's & the few flakes that normally grace my neck of the woods gives them reason to be out there. Anyway to anyone who may be lurking who lives in the central VA be careful out there. So on to the title of today's post.

So I was at the gym yesterday evening doing my thing & I was on a machine designed to work your triceps. You have to sit w/ this pad about chest-level in front of you w/ arms over it. Then there is bar w/ 2 handles goes over top that when your arms are resting on the pad but bent at a 90 degree angle you grab the handles & push the bar that causes the weights to lift. I know not a very good description but work w/ me! Anyway usually the bar(w/ the handles) will lock into position then place up & out of the way. Well last night the locking mechanism wasn't working & the handle came crashing down on right elbow(right near the funny bone..but SOOO not funny!). Talk about an instant tear-inducer. I managed to finish the rest of my sets as well as the rest of my workout but could not raise(& bend) my right arm to drink from my water bottle w/ moaning in pain. I believe I just bruised the bone but man it hurts today!

I've got 3+miler this afternoon. I am hoping that the snow will hold out so I can run it but the forecaster says that it will change to rain by this evening. I'm out.

1 comment:

Soapin' Cindy said...

Your grandmother sounds like a very wise woman. Well...we had a bunch of snow and poof--it's all melted. The weather here is positively pycho! Hope your arms feel better from your gym mishap!