Sunday, December 2, 2007

Weekend recap

Miss me?..Ha Ha..I know that I am just putting myself out there for my own masochist enjoyment. Well I did a 4+miler(in about 38mins..yeah!) w/ my running partner on Friday. It was nice & chilly of course but a good run was had by all. Of course my partner wanted to sprint at the end & my body was not having it! Between all the gunk that I had been swallowing during the course of the run(due to a stuffy nose) my stomach was staging a revolt by the end of the run. Obviously she smoked me but immediately felt bad afterward when she asked me how I was & I told I could taste my day's meals back in my throat. Such a good friend! Anyway I spent the rest of Fri. evening doing laundry,cleaning & blowing my nose. I know,I know you are soooo jealous! Spent Saturday running errands & did Chinese takeout. That's my one day that I don't cook & treat myself to someone else's work! I always get a hot 'n' spicy shrimp dish that is done w/ Old Bay seasoning(it's a seasoning salt that is commonly used w/ steamed crab & shrimp) in a gravy type sauce. It's sooo yummy. I have thought about trying to re-create it at home but I'm lazy & figure someone else can cook for a change.



So I was at the grocery store(a fairly popular one here in the VA that is kind of pricey) & I go to checkout. I am walking up to the express checkout & see that the person in front of me has way more than the limit(but in her defense the clerk asked her to come over because she was free). The person tells me to go ahead of her since I only have about 5 items. I proceed to put my stuff on the conveyor belt & the clerk is checking me out. Now I have cloth,re-usable bags(trying to be green & all that) & my store gives back a 5cent credit for each bag used. Then the clerk tries to put my eggs into a plastic bag. I tell her not to do it,that's what the cloth bags are for. You would have thought that I told her to explain the big bang theory because she goes totally blank & gives me that vacant stare. It's like she didn't know what to do when I stopped her from putting my eggs in the plastic bag. I'm like didn't the store train you on customers who buy the cloth bags to their groceries are trying to SAVE the environment not destroy it! So I give her another cloth bag to put the eggs in & then she tries to do the same thing to my ice cream! I'm like my goodness this clerk needs a crash course in reusing & recycling. The lady behind me jokes that I am going to eat the ice cream on the way which is why I don't want to put it in a plastic bag(how did she know that?..lol) Anyway at this point I am SOO ready to be out of there & then the clerk says that I am paying w/ cash when I clearly show her that I am paying by debit card. At this point I'm like can I please end this pleasant(not!) experience for the both of us & pay & get out here!



That brings us to Sunday morning which I spent in church(always an uplifting good time). Our church is decked out the biggest(stands over 30 feet high) Christmas tree that I have seen done in red & gold. Almost makes me want to go out & buy a tree for my place but I have absolutely no storage space for the ornaments once I take the tree down. I've got one of those prelit almost Charlie Brown like tabletop trees which is enough for me.



Well I'm off to cook some pasta & sauce for dinner. Ciao!

No comments: