Sunday, December 30, 2007

A little of this,a little of that

First let me tell ya about tempo run w/ my friend. We decided on a 8:40 pace. But we ended up going a 8:30 pace. Faster than what we originally planned but slower than what I do on my own. She was surprised that it wasn't as challenging as she thought it would be. So even I though I still think that she is faster than me overall & when she got sick over the summer lost a lot of training ground;I believe she has come around to my pace now. The student has now become the teacher.

Anyway I had longtime friend come in from Vegas to visit his family over the past few days. We got together Saturday for some catching up & wonderful dinner at Patina Grill. Great place! I wish I had a camera to take some pics of the decor & food. The menus had this "patina" look to them & the menu was internationally eclectic. A little pricey but sooo good! We had a great bottle of Shiraz that blew me away. I'm usually not one for reds but this one was really good. They have the BEST key lime tart that I have ever had.

Unfortunately I woke up yesterday w/ a scratchy throat(though it didn't stop me enjoying myself at dinner) & now today I have the stuffy head. Lovely! Tomorrow's a.m. 4miler should fun. I'm going to load up on Sudafed & Kleenex. I hope everyone had a good weekend & have a good night!

No comments: