Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My 1st comment!

I know that for many bloggers this is a creative outlet. Just to put your thoughts out there. But it's nice to get feedback. Because honestly for me,I wouldn't make my life public if I weren't expecting some feedback. I think a lot of us are exhibitionists at heart. So thanks for showing this new blogger some love!

On tap for me today is an easy 2miler(in shorts & a t-shirt again-gotta love this crazy weather we’re having in Virginia!) Followed up w/ lower body strength training. I’ve got my 1st tempo run on Fri.(according to my running program) & I am not sute how to do it w/o a Garmin or something similar. I have this Polar watch but it doesn’t give me a pace. I have to wait til I’m done & then look at the total time & then do the math. I would like to buy a Garmin but they are crazy expensive & I’m not sure if I want to invest that much into something that right now would be beneficial for my 10k training but after that I might not use it as much. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Soapin' Cindy said...

Yeah!! You commented!! I love it when the lurkers come out. Way to go. Blogging is great fun. Keep it up.

Jess said...

Garmins are great but not vital. Except I couldn't convince myself of that fact after borrowing my friend's Garmin. For about a month. Oops. Anyway, I was able to find a 205 on Amazon for $160. Still not cheap, but at least a little bit easier on the wallet!

Kim said...

I do like my Garmin 205 when I am carving out new routes for running. It was very helpful when setting up initial runs too.
I run pretty *cavewoman* like these days, because I usually forget even a watch, let alone my Garmin, but the Garmin is a cool gadget for Santa to bring also!

Steve Stenzel said...

Umm, just run fast. I'm so anti-technology when I run. I just know that it's a half-mile at every stop light, and I do the math as I go.