Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day

For the first time in several years I spent Christmas w/ Mom & her side of my family. My parents divorced when I was 8 due to my Mom not really wanting to a mother. Unfortunately she only married my Dad to get of small country life but really wasn't cut out to be a mother. Trust me they were many times when I was younger when I though my Mom should have aborted me instead of try to pretend to be something that she wasn't. My Dad raised me but there has always been this rift between my Mom & me due to her bad behavior & some wrong things she did to me as a young adult.

Needless to say that as we have gotten older & she has changed her ways & I have learned to be more forgiving has lead to me spending the holiday w/ her. I had a great time. It was so nice seeing my cousin(who is a mother herself to an adorable 1 year old girl-still can't believe it,she's only 1 year and a half younger than me(I'm 34)). My aunt has Christmas brunch every year & I have always been invited but have never gone because of Mom. I got a chance to see some relatives that I hadn't seen in years & sampled(well let's just say that the brunch lasted from 11:30am til 4pm-w/ all the "sampling") some of my uncle's homemade wine. I got a Victoria's Secret gift card & 4-wine glass & decanter set from Mom. Also managed to get a bottle of wine from my uncle.

Spent Christmas night w/ Dad's side of the family. Ate & drank more. Got some cash as well as some homemade honey & strawberry preserve from an Amish store near Williamsburg,VA.

I did get some x-training done yesterday morning(which was good thing due to all the food & drink I consumed). But a good time was had by all & I'll be doing my usual 2miler today. The weatherman is calling for rain,40 degree temps,but windy. Not sure if I gonna do the tread or not.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas & have fun hitting the after-Christmas sales & spending those gift cards!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. I can't even imagine how you felt as a child; your first paragraph broke my heart. Sounds like things are improving though, which is great.