Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another 2miler down & running sched.

I came. .I shivered at the start..I picked up the pace..I started to sweat...And then it was over.. Doncha just love those shortie runs? 2 miles at a 8:17pace for an end time of 16:43. About 12 seconds than last 2miler. I am one fast mofo in the cold! It will be interesting to see how much slower my times will be once winter is over w/ & weather heats up again. Because I have no doubt that they will be.

So I have a running program question for all of you out there. A little background first. My running schedule that I downloaded from Runner's World has my tempo runs at 3 miles w/ an 8:49pace. But as you know by now I am going much faster than that. On my first tempo run as well as my 2milers I have been going a challenging but comfortable for me 8:17pace. Now on my long runs(6 & 7miles) I have been averaging about a 8:54pace. Understandable since I am going further. The program did not ask me for my average pace(just a recent race time,the race distance I am training for,how many miles do I put in now,& how hard I want to train) so I am not sure how it arrived at that 8:49pace. Considering that it may be too slow for me. So my question is does any one know of a program that will take into consideration of what your average pace is & then create a schedule from there? Or is the 8:49pace right for me & I should slow down?

I've got my usual Thurs. x-training at the gym(need to get my workout sched. posted) & thanks once again for listening!

2 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

here is a link to a site that I have used in the past. It will break down every pace based on what type of run you are doing.

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm

hope it helps.

Kim said...

I have no advice for you, cuz I don't run as fast as you, just wanted to say hi and Merry Christmas and checking in on your blog!