Friday, May 9, 2008

Race anniversary

Well I'm prepping for my 5k tomorrow. Some mixed emotions here. It's one year ago that I started racing & I feel like I have ran(pun intended) the gamut in this year. From starting w/ run/walk combo to running for miles at a time to training,getting injured but finishing my 1st 10k,I have had a full year!

I wondered whether I'll be walking some tomorrow realizing that I walked(some of the race) the first time a year ago. Even though it will bittersweet if I do(I thought after a year I'd be runnin' that thang) I know that it's because I'm getting my running legs back from my injury & there's no shame in that. So I will stay positive because I know that there will be plenty of people out there who are going thru bigger ailments than I had,that will be grateful just to be there.

No comments: