Monday, May 19, 2008

And then there was one

Well it's happened. The r.b. & I have parted ways. It was a amicable split. Who am I kidding? She dumped me! Said I was too inflexible about our running schedule. Claimed that I wasn't willing to bend,to compromise & run when she could fit us in. Ok,enough w/ the dramatics. But it's true her job has gotten crazy it was just too hard for her to meet at our regular time & I didn't want to meet later so I am runnin' on my own again. I have to admit that I'll miss running w/ her though & hopefully her job will settle down & we can tear up the road together again.

Speaking of tearing up the road,I did 3.5 miles today. Temps were low 70's,low humidity,good stiff breeze partly cloudy. Here are me splits:

Mile 1: 10:11
Mile 2: 9:46
Mile 3: 9:49
Mile .5: 9:11

Finished in 34:40/avg. 9:48pace. I had set my Garmin to alert me when I went faster than 9:55. Well you see how well that worked(for the record it did alert me,& I promptly ignored it). I'm thinking that might be a bit slow but then again I have to consider the distance. So I might play around w/ that pace a little but not too much because I'm still adding distance & trying to not to do speed.

And Steve,as far as I know you can't legally buy another human in this country but I would be too chicken to do an extreme makeover!

5 comments:

Soapin' Cindy said...

It's sad when running buddies have to split..it's just awful, but hopefully you'll find another running partner. Do you have a running club in your area? I'm newsletter editor for our club...I can't tell you the number of wonderful friendships I've made through the club.

GP said...

I'm sorry you lost your running buddy... and I hope you can find another.

Running with others is far more fun and encouraging than I realized for the first 1.5 years of my running.

So, now you just need to start collecting running buddies. If one falls through, on to the next!

Or, you know, something less harsh than that.

I'm glad you're focusing on endurance over speed... as hard as that might be!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are temporarily without your running partner. :(

Definitely keep that focus on distance. Don't worry about being too slow. It'll come - take it easy for now!

Amy said...

Well, I can definitely relate to the inflexibility of your running schedule. I'm the same way... I want to run at the time that I want to run... otherwise, it makes it too easy for me to skip runs, etc. I'm a routine type of gal, I guess.

But, hopefully you and the running buddy can pick back up with things settle down at her work.

Unknown said...

Sorry you lost your running buddy, but maybe it's for the best. You can run your own pace on your own at your own time now. Shrug.

I run alone, maybe I'm biased. But I like cycling company, so maybe I'm not.