Monday, May 5, 2008

Holy moly it's HOT!!

Even though it was in the upper 70's & low humidity it was sunny & very little wind. Today's 3miler was a mite toasty. And I know I'm gonna be praying for these temps come August. Alrighty here are the splits:

Mile 1: 9:22
Mile 2: 9:33(went a little fast on that first mile tried to cut back)
Mile 3: 9:41(Better,see most runners want that negative split but I'm going against the grain w/ a POSITIVE split..;-))

Leg felt good the entire time but I was definitely a little more winded on this run. Ran w/ the r.b. & she went a little faster(I wanted to do a 9:45pace..oh well) than I had planned. I've got pt tomorrow(I'm hoping this the last appointment) & the gym. (Toodles)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit jealous of your weather, but I do understand. It always feels warmer when you're running!

As for those positive splits, I do plenty of those myself. :)

Unknown said...

I'm a positive split gal myself. So your numbers look great to me. :)

m said...

Great times. I always do mile 2 faster than mile 1 and 3. Always. I don't know what's up with that.

GP said...

Who needs to be negative when she's running? I'm all for positive splits!

Isn't it funny how toasty it feels right now? I was huffing and puffing and chugging water the other day, thinking I was going to roast. It couldn't have been more than mid-70s. But I know those temps will be chilly in a few months.

I think there should be a runners' city where it's always 65 degrees and there's never any smog!