Thursday, May 29, 2008

Question?

Love it that it's almost the weekend already(gotta love those short work weeks due to the Monday holiday). Did my usual x-training at the gym tonight. No surprises there. I've got my short run(2miler) tomorrow in the mid-80 degree heat. Thank goodness it's only 2 miles. But I know that even my long runs will be in this heat soon enough.

Wanted to throw this question out there. How many of you actually have x-training shoes? I'm using some relatively old running shoes to wear to the gym when I do the ellip & weights but I debating on whether or not I actually need x-trainers. I know that they are supposed to be designed a bit differently but not sure if I'm looking to spend the moolah for them. Also eventually I will wear out the running shoes & REALLY don't want to spend even more money(considering x-trainers are relatively cheaper compared to running kicks) on new running shoes to replace them when I'm not actually going to be using them for running. Decisions,decisions...

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hmmm... I just use old running shoes for cross training... but then again, I plan to do cross training more than I actually do it... so, I'm probably not a good person to give advice on this one.

m said...

I only wear running shoes when at the gym.

Then again I am cheap.

Kim said...

Save your money! You don't need x trainers.

Gotta Run..... said...

I have two pair of running shoes that I use for road running. Same shoes - just alternate between them whether I am in the gym or on the road.