Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Who ordered a cold run?

Alrighty,yesterday's run was..shall we say..a bit chilly. Now you know I'm ALL for a cool run,but considering the fact it was a good 20 degrees cooler than it normally is this time of year(it was in the low 50's) was a shock! I had to dig out my cool-weather running gear. Managed to bang out 3 miles in 29:29/avg. pace 9:44. Also ran w/ the r.b. so that always make the run more fun(hey a rhyme..;-))

As you can see on the side bar I do have tentatively another race roughly 2 weeks from now but I'm not sure if I want to run it. My leg has been feeling good but I'm not sure if I want to push it just yet by racing again. I really want to concentrate on getting my distance back & building up my speed the right way. The r.b. is thinking about running it & I told her that I would be her cheering section. May sport some pigtails,poms-poms, & a cheer leading skirt just for her. She said she might just register just to see that! I've never spectated at a race before so I think it will be fun.

I wanted give thanks to all those who gave me mad props on my race this past weekend. It really means a lot coming from you(knowing the challenges that you have faced) & I will always be amazed by the outpouring of support from the running community. You guys rock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea to build up distance (first!) and speed the right way! Don't rush it. Get healthy and enjoy being a spectator if that's what you decide to do. :)