Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This & that

Did the swim thing today & I have to say I think I'm getting stronger. My stroke still leaves something to be desired,but I'm feeling more comfy in the water.

In answer to Red's comment about whether or not I have a running club in my area,I do & actually I'm a member. But I have not gone to any meetings(they don't meet at a good time for me). When I first started running,I posted to their website looking for a running bud & no one responded. I get off a little earlier than most folks around here(4pm) & I'm not willing to wait until 5 or 6 to run. But maybe I'll try again or maybe not(may try running solo for a while). We'll see.

3 comments:

m said...

We have a few running clubs. One club runs, sings then drinks at a bar (actually maybe they just run to the bar) and the other is a bit more serious. None meet at a time good for me either. Running partners are the best. I was into running alone, but I push myself too hard when it's just me.

Soapin' Cindy said...

I found that people are leery of hooking up running partners via websites. Doesn't make much sense since online dating is a big thing, but that's been my experience. The club is a good way of networking, though, to meet people to run with.

Unknown said...

What's wrong with trying to run solo and see how that works? Unless it's a safety thing. In which case I vote for getting a new running buddy.