Sunday, May 4, 2008

Run

So I didn't have to drag the r.b. back home on our 2miler on Friday. Howeva her friend didn't fair as well. He ended up getting a stitch about a mile into our run. Poor guy! He did manage to finish but I thought he may have needed the dragging back home. I had stitches when I ran for P.E. class in high school(many decades ago) so I definitely felt his pain. Finished the 2miler in 20:11/avg. pace 9:59. I'm getting faster. No pain from the leg for the whole weekend so I'll be doing 3 miles on Monday.

I've got a the Race for the Cure 5k coming up this Saturday so that(tomorrow's 3miler) will be my only long run(or run in general) before the event. I'll be running in memory of my Aunt who lost the battle a couple of months ago. She was a 3 year breast cancer survivor & it was because of this event that I started running in the first place. So this marks 1 year that I have running/racing & I had hoped that she was going to be still w/ us so that I could show her how far I had come(from doing the race the first time w/ a 5min run/1min walk to running the entire thing). But I know that she is looking down on me & I pray that I will make her proud. I know it's going to be an emotional day for me & I don't know how much running I am going to do but I am hoping to finish w/ a smile on my face. (Kisses)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best wishes for your 5K next weekend. It's nice you do this in memory of your Aunt.

Today I ran for the zoo. Not quite as noble a cause...maybe my entry paid for some flamingo food. LOL.