Sunday, May 18, 2008

Running solo

So it's Sunday already. Where did the weekend go? Anyway did my 2miler w/o the r.b. on Friday. Finished in 19:20/avg. pace 9:35. Actually my 1st mile was around 10min & the 2nd mile was a good minute faster. Was I sleepwalkin' the 1st half?! I definitely pushed myself & I thought that my leg was going to be pissed at me but not a peep for the rest of the weekend.

Managed to pick up these at Target..



Too bad I couldn't get the body to go w/ the bra & shorts. Definitely needed a new sports bra(I have several in multiple colors & my red one was way past it's prime). I got the running shorts in the blue you see there & black.

I have a confession to make though. These are the first running shorts that I have bought. I know,I know how can I call myself a runner w/o running shorts!? I do have running tees,singlets,jackets,capris..etc. but no shorts. I have..hate to say the word..cotton. I do have some that are made of poly-blend but they don't wick. Most of the running shorts that I have seen have the built in undies. Which I know that would be the one place that you want to keep cool,but I like my underwear(even though they don't wick). The ones I bought yesterday are the first I've seen w/o them. Even though they are a little shorter than what I'm used to they felt good(even ran in place for a few mins in the dressing room). I know the true test is when I take them on real run so I will report back.

I wanted thank those who gave their opinion on which fins I should get. I believe I'm going w/ the red Zoomers. Hopefully they'll work out. I hope everyone had a good weekend. ((Hugs))

2 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

You can buy women at Target?!? Which Target do you go to?!?!

soleslide said...

You bought a makeover! I simply have to know where you shop and can get in shape (in the duration of a shopping session) for the price of running gear :)