Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The morning after

Pretty evocative title? Yeah,well considering the last time I got some,yesterday's run was orgasmic. And heck a lot less risk,right? Anyway woke up this morning w/ a slight stiffness but nothing too bad. I actually expected it so I wasn't disappointed. X-trained for tonight & for the next 2 days but too early to decide whether I'm going to do 1 or 2 miles on Friday. Here's to a couple of hopefully pain-free days! But I know not too push too soon so even if I don't have anymore pain I may still only do 1 mile on Friday. Trying to listen to my body this time & be smarter about my running.

I wanted to thank everyone who congratulated me on my run yesterday. I think maybe it was all of you whispering in my ear yesterday(you got this)..;-).

Gina,I'm going to try pool-jogging for 2 miles tomorrow. I think I've become addicted..;-)

3 comments:

m said...

2 miles of pool running? Damn, I'm impressed.

I'm not even going to touch orgasmic running. My last one was anything but orgasmic. (the run!)

GP said...

I think one of the harder parts of recovery is that sometimes it doesn't hurt until the next day. Then how the heck am I supposed to know to chill when I'm actually doing the running?

But I'm glad you only had minor stiffness. It sounds like you're doing a good job with smart recovery.

Plenty of people recommended pool-jogging during my recovery. I only halfway listened because, as a swimmer, I'm too easily lured in by the prospect of swimming laps!

When I did pool-run, it was a good kind of workout that left my muscles feeling worked... not used and abused. That's for the road!

Soapin' Cindy said...

Looks like you and I are in the same boat! So, cool that you got to run! Hey, do you think that pool running is a better workout than swimming laps? I might give some pool running a try. Is it boring? I heard it is...