Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fire! Fire!

Not really. But guess what did happen when I was more than half-way into my ellip session at the gym? A damn test fire alarm. I understand the need to test because fires don't happen when it's convenient for the victims. But come on..At 4something in the afternoon AND I didn't need to stop because one of the gym employees got confused & thought it was a real fire. Oh well.

Did my last run(2miler) yesterday w/ the r.b. Finished in 19:50. Here are my splits:

Mile 1: 10:01
Mile 2: 9:39

Not too shabby. Can't decide whether I'm going to do more ellip tomorrow or swim since I am now in taper madness. We'll see.

And Gina,I like the idea of ignoring the crowds for my race on Sat. & just thinking of it as a training run but there's going to be more 30,000 racers there so I am going to have to do some MAJOR blocking out!..;-)

1 comment:

GP said...

Yeah, the whole ignoring the crowds things might take some work. I like to practice by going to the rec. center track at 5:30 p.m., when everyone on the planet is there.

But then it becomes a strange balancing act of ignoring everyone while dodging the people who are walking in the running lanes.

So... just think of it as a group training run. A BIG group.