Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm "melting"...


How about I'm ready for the hot weather to be over w/? And it's not even officially summer yet. Did my 2miler on Friday in the nice 80 degree heat(thank goodness there was a good breeze & low humidity). Finished 19:21/avg. pace 9:37. And let me tell you,I felt like I was a puddle of sweat by the end of it(believe me,I SWEAT-no healthy glow or lightly perspiring so that's sayin' something).

Picked up a couple of nice things at Victoria's Secret at their semi-annual sale yesterday. I heart their bras even though they are a bit on the $$ side. Let's face it their undies aren't cheap either but hey,what can I say? Got champagne taste w/ a beer budget.

So looks like there's a consensus w/ me not spending the money on x-trainers & to stick w/ wearing my running kicks to the gym. I have to admit I did look at some x-trainers yesterday when I was out & about but honestly I think I'm going w/ the majority & when it's time to replace my running shoes that I use at the gym,I'm going w/ a cheapie pair from Walmart or someplace like that. Thanks so much for the advice guys!

I've got my usual long run(4miles) tomorrow but this week I start my speed work(tempo run on Fri.). Even though it does feel like I've been getting faster all along since I've started back running after my injury. I'm really looking forward to doing some concentrated speed work & also to see how far I can take this part of my training to hopefully make me a better, more efficient runner. (Toodles)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm late to comment, but I keep a pair of old running shoes for the gym. And donate them after that...

Soapin' Cindy said...

That's what I do too. When I get too many miles on my running shoes, they become the cross-training shoes. Love V.S. bras too, but I've been wearing a few favorites to death because I can't seem to hit those nice sales!